Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Handsome!

Our Noah has always been a fan of being "handsome". He really digs having people tell him how handsome he looks and being thought of as a handsome guy. But he's also a VERY "BOY" boy (if that means anything). He loves superheroes and baseball and getting dirty and injuring himself in any manner of ways and anything you can think of that would be a "typical" boy thing. So most of the time "handsome" means a shirt that is not ripped or dirty and some pants instead of shorts. But every once in a while, Noah goes through a hyped-up handsome phase. In these times, handsome means a tie (with any shirt, it is a tie that makes one handsome, you know!) and corduroy pants. I don't know why cords are handsome except, perhaps, that he doesn't really like to wear them with his usual Superman shirts. Maybe handsome pants are those which one does not like to wear. (That definition actually works for me with my "dressy" clothes, too, now that I think of it!)
Mr. Noah is one of his hyped-up handsome phases right now. This morning he came into our room all dressed and ready to go in his Christmas outfit from last year. The blue cords are a bit too short and tight but otherwise a very well put together ensemble...red vest over plaid shirt, red zip tie, belt and blue cords and, of course, snow boots. And he was ready for preschool (and very appropriately dressed for it, I might add)! He even brushed his hair and said, "Mommy, do I look just like Steve Carell?" (I should explain that I am a BIG fan of Steve Carell...possibly too much of a fan considering Noah's question...in all fairness to me, though, one of Noah's favorite scenes in any movie is the scene where Steve Carell gets ready for work--including some serious nose-hair extraction--in Evan Almighty.) "You look just like him!" I replied giving him a big hug and he grinned and happily went down the hall to put his brother into a head-lock. Sigh.

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Hi Amanda,
Just wanted to say "hi" and thank you for coming by A Place Called Simplicity....

I love your blog title - super cute!!

With love from Uganda,
Linn