Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting our hairs cut...


Grace and I went to get our hairs cut today. Grace thinks she might want to be a hairstylist (or, depending on when you ask her, a singer, an actress or a teacher) when she grows up like her Aunt Nee and Aunt Dena (photo is Grace and Aunt Nee). So today she was paying close attention as Samantha the Super-Stylist highlighted and cut my hair. Her favorite part was the hair washing part. That part she could actually participate in. We didn't feel that six is a good age to become full apprentice with scissors and the works. Shampooing was plenty. She also wanted to go ahead and wax my eyebrows but we put the kibosh on that as well. While Samantha went to mix the toner, Grace gave me a mighty good head massage. And then Samantha taught her to do the secret-recipe towel wrap that doesn't fall off your head as you walk back to the chair. I think I would be quite happy with Grace the hairdresser. Although when it was time to style my hair she kept getting the comb stuck in my hair and was unable to extract it unassisted. No pain, no gain, I guess...
In other news, our violin buddies, the Youngs, left today for Korea to go get their baby girl! How exciting is that? If you think of them, you could pray for them as they're taking their 6 and 5 year old boys with them to Korea. The early days of adjusting to family life for an orphan are not always easy. I'm sure that they'll have the adventure of their lives, though!
Also, I have a pink camera. Just wanted to let you know. Got it for Christmas from Steve and my parents. They rock. Thought you should know. Any future awesome photographs that you see here...think pink.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love the beginning of your post. It reminds me of Lily from Lily's Purple Plastic Purse! I think GDP would make a great hairdresser. I'd let her cut my hairs too - once she gets to be in the double digits, of course! Pink camera? Fun! But, it's not Christmas yet, you're not supposed to be opening your presents early!