Monday, March 23, 2009

Glimpses of God's Grace

Noah's a big fan of his big sister.
A pre-date night photo of us taken by our stylists.

Me and my stylist



Right now I am typing and listening to Eli over the monitor singing his little heart out during nap time. Currently he's doing his rendition of "Tantrum" from Sandra Boynton's Cow Planet CD. It's a pretty jazzy version. (Too funny, if you haven't heard it, by the way.) He's pretty funny but I can see why he drove Noah a little nutso while they were sharing a room. See Eli sings and talks himself to sleep while Noah needs peace, quiet, stillness (things that aren't part of any other part of his life!) to be able to rest. So when Eli moved into his own room this weekend, we immediately noticed a change in their relationship. They are Jedi partners now. They battle the bad guys together. What a blessing!




Here are glimpses of God's grace over the past few days. Some of them may seem a bit trite but, to me, they have made all the difference!

  • hearing songs that soothed my heart and soul on the radio with just the right lyrics at just the right time


  • feeling God's presence in a very real and tangible way when I really needed Him most


  • a worship service that was both amazingly personal and powerful...and having my WHOLE heart in worship for the first time in a long time


  • conversations with friends and with Steve that were so Spirit-filled that I felt like I was walking on holy ground


  • discovering, to my delight, that Family Bookstore's $5 items right now happen to be a pink New Testament (which I really wanted) and the Wemmick story on DVD (which, as you know, just happens to be my favorite kids' story!).


The photos are Steve and I prepared for date night by our stylists, Grace and Noah. Notice my very fashionable pink feather boa and purple eyeshadow and Steve's very handsome tie (as you'll remember, ties are the key to true handsomeness) tucked into his shirt to prevent tie-stains from dinner. Fabulous stylists, eh? Stacy and Clinton have nothing on them. We expect a call from TLC any day now.


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Purple eye shadow? Yes!!! Love it and you!