Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

Today I am thankful for...
  • Ruby...the new car that had to replace the Batmobile. I'm thankful for my aunt and uncle and their generosity. I'm thankful for the wonderful people at their dealership. I'm thankful that we have a car that should last a long time (I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles). I'm thankful that we can all fit in there with room for a few more!
  • having my parents live close enough so that they can drop by for meatloaf.
  • that Eli is now securely attaching to other people besides me and Steve. He will now go sit on my mom's lap spontaneously and snuggle her and tell her his very funny stories. He will initiate a conversation with my dad about super heroes and how bad guys never win. (He and Noah have a theory that "bad guys never win because they don't have any friends to train with so they don't train and their muscles aren't so strong as the good guys.") He loves to go up and visit Gigi and Papo and read and play with them. And, of course, there are many others that he's attaching to. It's so awesome to see this sweet little fellow with an entire network of people who love him and who he loves back!
  • my small group gals...it isn't always easy being vulnerable and being called to a deeper place but it's always worth it. Thanks, ladies.
  • Noah's gymnastic coach, Tony, and the way he inspires Noah to do his best...and not just at gymnastics. I'm so grateful that God has gifted people to inspire us and bring out the best in us. (video is Noah with Tony)
  • antibiotics...it was so hard to see sweet Noah with zero energy and a lot of pain from ear infections earlier this week. What a relief to see him feeling so much better with just a few doses of antibiotics!

How 'bout you?


No comments: