Monday, January 12, 2015

Update #9

First, sorry about the lack of posts.  I guess my emails weren't going through to Linds (who is posting for us). Hopefully this works. Emmy struggled to sleep last night...difficult to breathe I think...so we greeted the day at 5:00 am again.  Her cough had worsened so there was more vomiting...this time as we were walking through the very full and very fancy restaurant to our table.  I had to ask the hostess to wait a minutes while I pulled napkins off the empty table near us and cleaned it up.  Emmy just rolls with it, though.  She's all about yogurt for breakfast. We know about 10 complete three year old sentences in Chinese and "I want more yogurt!" is definitely one that we can understand.  

We were supposed to go to the safari park today but because of Emmy's cold and the significant rain we are staying in. Things were going pretty well...we colored, took the paper off the crayons from Caden, watched a little Frozen and played a bit. Cordelia, the gal from Hand in Hand, called to check on Emmy and came by.  We've discovered that being around some Chinese women can be confusing to Emmy.  She gets very agitated when they are around, gets snappy and fit throwy with me and angry acting. I think she's still not sure about this attachment and wonders if someone might take her home to see her nannies.  Please pray for a solid attachment with us. Anyway, Steve went with Cordelia to get an expectorant for Emmy from the pharmacy.  Emmy and I stayed in and she continued to be agitated and unsettled until Steve returned. So there!  She is attaching to Steve.  Speaking of Steve, can I just say how grateful I am to have him as a partner in this?  He keeps a sense of humor (for example: Emmy uses the term "jigga-jigga" indiscriminately for anything she wants or doesn't want...we aren't sure it's a real word but Steve has added it into his own vocabulary and it's hilarious!), she consistently is loving toward her and patient, even when she is not so loving toward him and he is supportive and helpful to me, too. He rocks!  

Emmy's napping now...here's hoping the expectorant does the trick. We are worried about her little premie lungs. 
Love you all!
Mandy 

No comments: