Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The haps...



Just in case you were wondering, here are the amigo haps for last weekend:

  • two Mulan performances -- when you're dressed like a sassy, fire-breathing dragon or a lucky cricket and get to do your thing in front of an audience...SUPER fun!

  • Wedding...the musical (which, sadly, I missed because someone needed to help the dragon and cricket) at which Steve and Noah got to listen to some amazing musicians and Noah got to entertain the reception with his break-dancing. (see photo) :)
  • BBQ in Cheyenne...so nice to see the fam and especially Susie who was home for a wedding. VERY fun. I love to watch the kids play with their awesome aunts and uncles. Uncle Dave and Eli seem to have an especially special little relationship and love to color and build together. Dave also spent a lot of time teaching Noah how to skateboard. And Aunt Dena always lets Grace play make-over all over her head and face...nothing like using lip gloss for all forms of make-up. How'd it all come off, Dena? Plus Sicken and BlaBla are always good for secrets and giggling. They had a great time playing soccer with Uncle Don...they're all awesome! I don't know about you other moms but I am a BIG fan of anyone who loves my kids!

As for me, I'm a bit tired. I forgot how very exhausting it is to manage kids backstage...and even more so when they have absolutely no reason to listen to you except that you're a grown-up and somebody's mom. Plus my tiny cricket sometimes gets tired or confused and must be searched for. But they are loving it and having so much fun! Deep breath...three more shows this week!

No comments: