Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Family Who Went to Phoenix by Grace, Noah and Eli

Last week we decided to take an impromptu trip to Phoenix for the kids' spring break. Steve had to go to Phoenix for work on Monday and Tuesday and the idea of swimming pools and sunshine (especially in the face of the blizzard hitting us at home) seemed super inviting. So we packed everyone up in Ruby and off we went on our adventure. My guest bloggers will tell you all about it...

By Noah...Noah and all the family had fun driving in the car to Phoenix because we were on Spring Break. And we had fun driving in the car eating candy stuff because we were laughing and being funny and that's all. That is our house, all the snow at our house, and it was full of snow. We were excited to go to Phoenix so that's how it all happened out.That's the traffic we had when we were driving in Colorado. We had a blizzard and we drove a long time.That's me being funny in the car. (Editor's note...he was wearing these as we went through the car wash. Photo of Ruby being evidence of the need for the car wash. Hee hee). We watched movies.
That's fun time tents. We builded them in the car when we were almost to the desert. We were very excited to see the desert.





By Grace...In Moab, me and Eli hid in the teepee. We drove through Native American reservations. They were just mountains and prettiness.



Eli and Daddy love each other very much. We got drinks everytime we stopped (except for when we had to go to the bathroom).
While the boys are still in the bathroom, Singing Bird (Grace) is in her tent.


We went through four states and this was one of them...UTAH! We also saw Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado.


By Eli...I like to swim. I go under the water and kick and dive in the pool with my goggles on.By Noah...That's "Daddy surfing!" You just stand on my dad and then he moves and you're surfing.By Grace...Poor Grace couldn't read the tongue twister right and she got water ballooned. It was freezing!By Noah...This is me. I got the answer right so I got a slime balloon. It was fun and it was cold. So we went to go get in the water and WARM UP!By Grace...I LOVE SWIMMING! I made new friends named Grace II and Maddie. Me and Maddie just swam around and also Maddie taught me how to do handstands in the pool. And we played frisbee. And then we went around the lazy river 200,000 times with her sisters and also her dad.

By Noah...We were laying down. We got out of the pool and Mommy told us it would be warmer if we layed in the sun. By Noah...I had a double burger and I told the guy that we ate from at In-N-Out Burger that I ate the whole thing. I ate more than Daddy!By Grace...Stylish Grace coming through. We were going to In-N-Out Burger but I got a tummy ache.By Eli...We danced with Sponge Bob and we take a picture with Sponge Bob during our breakfast time. I like Sponge Bob. (And Steve at lunch with John Elway...see him in the background?)By Eli...We are floating with Daddy and Gracie and Noah.
It was a great trip! We can't wait to go again! Who's coming next year?

1 comment:

Jill said...

This is so cute! What a great idea to have the kids help narrate. They are so adorable!