Saturday, September 12, 2009

Eli is 5!


Happy 5th birthday, Eli! You are a treasure and a joy! I'm thinking today about the day you were born and wishing that I could have known you on that day, held your tiny little body in my arms and kissed your perfect little face. I'm praying for the woman who got to be the first to love you and the first to do those things, praying that she knows how loved you are, how cherished you are and what a healthy, happy, wonderful little boy you are. I'm praying for the women who snuggled you on that night and the next night and many, many more after that. The women who gave you your bottle and tucked you in your crib, who comforted you when you were afraid and taught you your first words. I thank God for their love for you. I'm praying for the woman who taught you to walk, who picked you up and kissed your boo-boos when you fell down, who loved you so obviously and so well. I thank God for the many mothers you've had. And I thank God that I get to be the last one, the one that gets to be yours forever. You are such a light in any group...quick to smile and quick to laugh. You are a friend to all and get so much joy out of everything you do. You are so smart and so interested in learning. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you, boy who is loved by so many across the world. We love you!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Would a beautiful note to a sweet boy. Made me tear up. Happy birthday little man!